Saturday, August 8, 2009

My first doily


I finally decided to try a doily pattern. The one I chose was doily number 7274 from the Free Vintage Crochet site. This was done in size 10 thread with a 2.0 mm hook. It looks a little wonky so I may try blocking tomorrow. It took about 4 days to complete, not working more that a couple hours at a time.
I enjoyed making this and have already picked out my next doily pattern and thread. This one has pineapples which will be another first. Hope to have an update with a pic on that one soon.


7 comments:

  1. Your first one!?! And it only took 4 days....Wow. That is amazing because this turned out so delicate & beautiful!

    Stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no !!!
    it looks perfect ! and I even thought it had been blocked already !!
    what a great job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours first doily? You have done a good job, it' s really elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! I haven't had the courage to try making doilies yet. I shy away from crocheting with thread. You did a wonderful job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of making this one too! you did a great job, I want to try to make it in navy blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,you have done a great job.Im making the same one but got stuck on round 13.
    13th rnd: Sl st in sp, * ch 5, sc in next sp. Repeat from * around, decreasing 3 sps at equal distances apart--to dec 1 sp, make sc in 2 sps, omitting the ch-5 between. Join.

    Can you help?

    ReplyDelete