Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
The yarns are all vegan and I had a really fun time picking them out at my local yarn shop! I used Sublime Soya Cotton, Louisa Harding Merletto, and Plymouth Yarns Jeannee cotton - all of them were a pleasure to crochet with.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
International Crochet Day is Monday, September 12! That gives you a little time still to plan how you will celebrate.
Here are ten ideas to get you thinking.
10. Teach someone to crochet. Reinforce your teaching by hooking the person up with our eBook: Learn to Crochet: Instruction on How to Crochet and 5 Free Crochet Patterns for Beginners.
9. Yarn bomb a co-worker's cubicle. Or your spouse's car. Or your kid's lunchbox.
8. Vow to bust your stash. We'll help you out with patterns priced at crazy stashbuster prices. Check our Stashbuster Sale.
7. Make a hat. Give it away.
6. Enter a contest to win a crochet hook crafted by award-winning hook-carver Jimbo, who is a big fan of International Crochet Day. See Jimbo's Front Porch for details. Contest ends at noon on Monday.
4. Crochet a flower or two or ten. Give them away at random to people you haven't met yet.
3. Leave us a comment here or on Facebook to let us know how you're celebrating International Crochet Day.
2. Crochet in public.
1. Crochet in your favorite spot for as long as you like.