Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dishcloths, Hot Pads and Washcloths

I'm hooked on crocheting dishcloths, hot pads and washcloths! They are quick to work up, I love working with the cotton yarn, and they make great gifts! I also love using them in my own home... Ever since receiving my very first hand knitted dishcloth from Sara in the Kitchen Swap 2009 this past spring, I haven't gone back to store-bought dishcloths!
Pattern names, instructions/where to find, and who designed them:
Hand-crocheted dishcloths, washcloths and hot pads / pot holders are great last minute gifts...crochet a few up to keep on hand, or some patterns can even be started and completed in an hour! Crochet up a matching washcloth and face towel for a gift basket and add some handmade soap and bath salts. I just love all the colors and shapes and varieties of the patterns and cotton yarns I'm finding as well.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing !
    I'll be working on this from next week on, since I applied for two potholders swap ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Thanks so much for the pics and all the lovely colors here. I would love to join your group!
    Thanks again!
    Krysti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still making more...so I'm getting a pretty good stack of these...in a huge array of colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krysti, just email me at jedimaster_chick@yahoo.com.au to join!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great Idea of making these items shown. I love to crochet and knit. It  keeps my hands busy through out the day. I've noticed that these are a fun to do and easy.The only thing is , with me, it's alittle hard to make a circle. When it starts to get bigger, I tend to make a mistake somehow and it seems , it does'nt look right.What am I doing wrong ? I don't know. Show me how to make round things like this. Just asking.Kirbi L. Andrews

    ReplyDelete