Thursday, December 22, 2011
If you remember I did quite a bit of crocheting and sewing while I was pregnant. Here are some photos of those projects in use! At the moment I am trying to crochet a pentagon ball will post some photos when I'm finished. Hope everyone is well!
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
The below picture is the image & information from the Mary Maxim website.
Due to carpal tunnel, I've had to cut way back on my crocheting.
The kit has been safely stored in a clean and dry environment.
Contact me if interested!
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Thursday, November 3, 2011
i started gathering some crochet links (click to go to the pattern page) these past two days and would like to share a few ideas (most of them being quickly made, it shouldn't be about skipping your beauty sleep, right ?) that might come as a reminder to you, or that you may have not come across yet.
stars, snowmen, christmas stockings, an afghan with sleeves...
3D stars in the colors of your choice
a moustache for small ones & older ones to have fun on christmas day
some pretty hangers that you could pair with a jar of homemade laundry detergent & wood pegs
a hook case for your fellows crocheters
a flower frame with the photo of a loved one (or several small ones as tree ornaments)
two love birds, on a pretty branch as a mobile for some new fiancés ?!
a reusable grocery bag for the farmers market
a hearts & flowers table runner
a set of mini storage baskets, maybe wrapped with small craft supplies
some votive candles covers (i want to make these using hemp, linen or a matt cotton !)
a slouchy hat
some scalloped bracelets (& some beauties/make-up supplies for your favorite teen girl)
some tulle dish scrubbies (along with a jar of homemade & some nice tea-towels ?!)
and some slippers, of course !
that's all for today... i was wondering... wouldn't it be nice if we could all share a few handmade ideas for some pre-Christmas crochet inspiration during this month of November ?
Monday, October 31, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
The yarns are all vegan and I had a really fun time picking them out at my local yarn shop! I used Sublime Soya Cotton, Louisa Harding Merletto, and Plymouth Yarns Jeannee cotton - all of them were a pleasure to crochet with.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
International Crochet Day is Monday, September 12! That gives you a little time still to plan how you will celebrate.
Here are ten ideas to get you thinking.
10. Teach someone to crochet. Reinforce your teaching by hooking the person up with our eBook: Learn to Crochet: Instruction on How to Crochet and 5 Free Crochet Patterns for Beginners.
9. Yarn bomb a co-worker's cubicle. Or your spouse's car. Or your kid's lunchbox.
8. Vow to bust your stash. We'll help you out with patterns priced at crazy stashbuster prices. Check our Stashbuster Sale.
7. Make a hat. Give it away.
6. Enter a contest to win a crochet hook crafted by award-winning hook-carver Jimbo, who is a big fan of International Crochet Day. See Jimbo's Front Porch for details. Contest ends at noon on Monday.
4. Crochet a flower or two or ten. Give them away at random to people you haven't met yet.
3. Leave us a comment here or on Facebook to let us know how you're celebrating International Crochet Day.
2. Crochet in public.
1. Crochet in your favorite spot for as long as you like.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
My preference, in coasters, is to make them a double thickness. I HATE it when the moisture from a glass or bottle, or the heat from a cup, saps through a coaster.
I Love This Cotton, from Hobby Lobby (A. Purple, B. Pink and C. Cotton Candy)
Crochet Hook: E
Name: African Flower Hexagon Coasters
Pattern: The Fur~Babies Momma