Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Crochet wreath for bedroom improvements!

Lately I have been working on beautifying my bedroom. As a child and teenager I've always taken pride in having a very well kept and pretty bedroom but since getting married it's all gone down hill. See my husband believes a bedroom is just this place you sleep in 'who cares what it looks like?' So I've not really been in a position where I felt comfortable to spend money on making our bedroom special. But not anymore, I've had enough of ugly wallpaper and old-from-the-70's non matching quilt covers! And to kick off this home-improvement phase I am crocheting a few items to girly things up!

My first project has been a crochet wreath, which I am seeing everywhere at the moment, and which I just LOVE! Here are some photos from the one I have created.


At the moment it is just sitting on the kind of bedhead shelf. I would like to hand it on the wall or specifically on our bedroom door but I am not sure how I would like to hang it. I am looking at some options, a crochet cord or maybe a nice satin ribbon. I will post again later when I figure it out.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely wreath! Must try one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about my bedroom, and my husband feels just like yours, lol.
    Your crochet wreath is lovely. I especially like the tiny beads on the flowers, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It beautiful and so cheerful. I have a yellow chenille bedspread on my bed that would go lovely with it. I am a big fan of yellow and lavender together. Have you thought about what you are going to do, now that you have the bug to pretty up your room? I've been married for 40 years and I have found that men don't really know what they like until they see it. My husband does not have the ability to foresee what things will look like until they are finished, but then he appreciates the changes.
    You do such lovely work, you're a talented lady.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely flower wreath this is! ♥

    ReplyDelete