Thursday, September 19, 2013

Carousel Granny Square Crochet Blanket

Here is my latest blanket – I was unsure what to call it festival, carnival and then decided on carousel? Its so bright, cheery and happy. Its made up of 100 different coloured granny squares and bordered with five rounds of granny cluster stitch rows.

IMG_1973

IMG_1971

As you can see this was a crochet each granny square together as you go. There are lots of tutorials available if you want to try this. Although it is aesthetically a nice technique I can’t actually say it is any quicker then sewing together or crocheting together once all the squares are complete.

Good crochet as you go tutorials can be found at andamento and Make My Day Creative, my favourite.

IMG_1973

IMG_1969

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket and the colors are so wonderful, I love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To look at this blanket makes me happy. A lot of colors at a rainy time.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful blanket, how many different colours of yarn did you use to make this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hosting a granny sqaure weather CAL starting Dec 1st.
    We will do a granny sqaure a day for 365 days & each will be determined by the weather in the persons area. I'll also have themed squares for hoildays and other special days.
    My I use the info in the tutorial above on a good way to stitch them together?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete