Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bev's Shawl

I have been eagerly waiting for the time I could show this project. It was from an  October swap called "Anything Fall."

I knew I wanted to make a shawl in fall colors, but I started and stopped several times . . . just not happy with the outcome.

Then, I remembered this pattern called "9 Patch Maple-Leaf" I think. It is from p2designs. I had used it in an afghan square swap and had loved the ease of it. I figured it would look good in a shawl, if I could find the right colors that reminded me of the maple trees, of Indiana, in the fall.

V-O-I-L-A! Cat, at Cat's Crochet Corner, helped me pick out just the colors and look how NEAT it turned out.



I had to figure a way to make the squares into triangles so they could be wrapped over the shoulders. Here is what that looks like.


You can also see I added triangles between the top two squares to make a neckline.  I am glad I had this yarn so I could blend the colors together.


Now, I am looking for a winter snowflake pattern I can use to make a white, silver and blue shawl for our Christmas swap I think it will turn out beautiful too.

I am working on a pattern so you will know exactly what to do to make your squares into a shawl.

7 comments:

  1. Your shawl is very pretty. The colours are a good fit.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of your shawl, they are just like my tree in the garden when I look outside. Beautifull! Autumn is the season of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty shawl, perfect time of year for the autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and perfect for this time of year.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is absolutely gorgeous! A beautiful shawl and a work of art! It would be nice to have such an item on my Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is really pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shawl, it came out beautifully. I found a couple of snowflake granny squares if you are interested just let me know

    ReplyDelete