Monday, February 14, 2011

I'll jump straight in...

... and introduce myself, then do a bit of "show and tell" and then shhh, lol.

Ok... I'm 44 and live with my lovely other half, Justin, who is ONLY 33! We have been together for 12 years and met online! (NOT in a dating chatroom though!) We live in Cambridgeshire, England. I've got a 22 year old son, a 10 year old, and an 18 month old grandson. So a houseful of men...

I took up crochet about 18 years ago (blimey, I didn't realise it was that long!). I'm still learning after all this time. I've never made an item of clothing, just lots of blankets and a few amigurumi - they are SO easy to make! I've made a dragon, two reindeers, and two teddies... although to be honest, the teddies looked a bit distressed... here is a link to some of the crochet that I've done in the past...

Now some pics...

Here is a picture of the granny stripe blanket that I'm making, inspired by Attic24. (Ignore the lilac colour on the right... that's an old blanket I made).



























I changed it half way up into shades of colours instead of any old colour... I still love it!

Here are the amigurumi dragon and reindeer.




































I also make baby blankets for babies that die in A&E... it's a bit strange making a blanket knowing that it's never going to be used for a live baby... but they are for the parents to use something more personal to have their final cuddles with their babies with. They take the blankets home afterwards, and thankfully, I don't have to make too many of those.

I'm having a go this morning at making a doily... with size 6 crochet cotton, and using a size 2mm hook! Not sure if I'm liking it or not...

Well that's my introduction done, I hope I haven't bored you all already. Thank you for allowing me to join in the fun x

Love Roz x

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Roz, I like the afghan and the dragon is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roz! The dragon is a cutey. :o) I never thought about making blankets for babies that don't live. It is good that you don't have to make too many. xoxo

    ReplyDelete