Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crocheted Mesh Bag w/Sewn Liner

It's been awhile!  I have to admit I just don't crochet as much as I used to.  Since learning how to sew I find myself spending more time sewing than crocheting.  Well, I finally buckled down and worked on another crochet project.
Here I made a crocheted mesh bag...however, I couldn't just leave it plain & simple...I sewed a polka-dot liner for it and added button embellishments.  I found some really cute pink & purple polka-dot ribbon at Hobby Lobby, so I used the ribbon for ties at the top of the bag.
I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn in "swimming pool" color.  The pattern I used for making this bag was found on the back of the Lily yarn label.



9 comments:

  1. I love this! You are so talented! I would love to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá Colega!
    Sua bolsa ficou muito legal.
    Gostei!
    Bjs,
    Marli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great way to combine your crochet and your sewing in one project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! So much easier than actually sewing it in and so much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable and so colorful! Great job and thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for all the great comments and compliments! I did actually hand sew a few simple stitches in the bottom of the bag and where the buttons are sewn on are through the fabric & yarn, thus holding the liner in the bag, otherwise the liner would just fall down into the bottom of the bag. But it was still a very simple and quick process. I'm going to use it as a gift bag for a Valentine's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! This is a perfect bag for almost anything, and a Valentine's Day gift is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you get your Lily Sugar n Cream yarn in the UK? And, if so, where? Just bought a load back from the States but, of course, I want more. Any ideas?

    BTW, your bag looks fab! Almost too nice to shop with...

    ReplyDelete